Jeff, Alessondra and their family just rounded up the 5th season of Alessondra's Great Horned Owl Cam, streaming live 24/7 from Oklahoma City via UStream and Facebook. Jeff uses mimoLive to produce the multi-camera program, including live weather data from his own weather station. Alessondra and Jeff go live on the Who & A Show every now and then to answer viewers questions and give updates on the owls development.
Are you a teacher in New Zealand? Then you should not miss the chance to join the iPad Animation Workshops in March, April and May.
The iPad Animation workshop focus on storytelling, technology and 100% hands on creativity and will make you ready to integrate animation into your curriculum for English, The Arts, Technology and more.
The early bird registration ends soon – so save your spot for your preferred date now.
If New Zealand is too far for you, but you'd still like to dive deeper into the world of iPad Animation, check out their iPad Animation iBook.
mimoLive 2.3b3 contains so much new stuff, that, back in the olden days, it would have been a great major update all by itself!
Here's what's new since 2.3b2 last week:
- The Virtual Playout plugins now work with Google Hangout in Safari and QuickTime Player Movie Recording as well. Please update the plugins by downloading und running the installer again: https://boinx.com/connect/mimolive/knowledge/installation-and-setup/WS100457
- The settings popovers for recording, streaming, playout and full screen playout can be detached and placed persistently anywhere. This is not just very handy for monitoring the streaming status.
- Added the option to mirror the fullscreen output. This is very helpful if you use the fullscreen playout for a confidence monitor. Actors in front of a greenscreen can now move more intuitively.
- Photos that appear in the Twitter layer can now be limited in height.
Also, this release fixes a lot of crashing bugs.
mimoLive 2.3 shapes up to be a great release with these things already added before 2.3b3:
- Virtual Playout! Use mimoLive in Skpye or Google Hangout as a camera source!
- Import FMLE-Configuration files provided by most streaming services.
- Twitter layer will display associated images. Also gave it a face lift and made the "boradcast layout" suggested by Twitter the default.
- Added a Subtitle layer that is able to playback .srt or .sbv formatted subtitle files. (Default content is "Pledge of Allegiance" for school morning announcements)
The Cinekid Foundation from the Netherlands brings children in touch with media by encouraging them to participate and create their own visual content. Every autumn Cinekid organises the largest children’s media festival in the world in Amsterdam. Throughout the year Cinekid organises media workshops for children. In Amsterdam, one of every four children gets in touch with Cinekid each year.
Their app AppLab is a free app for parents and teachers to help them find the best apps for their children. We are happy that iStopMotion was just recently added. CineKid approved iStopMotion because of its “added value for a child’s development”.